Newmarket dentists take digital X-rays because they have better resolution, and it is easier to spot any problems.
Benefits of digital X-rays Newmarket
There are several benefits of digital X-rays in Newmarket versus the old film-based X-rays.
- The image is immediately readable instead of the delayed film developing
- Digital X-rays use a reduction of 70% in radiation to produce a high-quality image
- Digital X-ray pictures can be boosted by changing the brightness or contrast by using several dispensation methods
- Digital pictures do not take up storage space anywhere but the computer
- Because digital pictures can be made larger, it is easier to see small cavities
- Provide more comfort for pictures taken inside the mouth
The cons of digital X-rays are the cost of the unit itself; however, over the long run, it pays for itself and is very environmentally friendly.
Fix impacted tooth Newmarket
Digital X-rays will show how badly the wisdom tooth is impacted and allow the dentist to extract the wisdom tooth or the molar in front of the wisdom tooth to give it room to come in.
Wisdom teeth generally come between the ages of 18 or 19 and 24. For many, they will not need to have general anesthesia and oral surgery to fix an impacted tooth. In some cases, nothing will be needed beyond some acetaminophen for minor pain. Removing the impacted tooth with just local anesthesia will be necessary in other cases. No matter which case you fall into as far as anesthesia used, bring a driver with you,
An impacted tooth can require emergency dentists in Newmarket so that the tooth does not become infected from having food stuck under the gum, which will create bacteria and lead to tooth decay and gum disease, for a consultation about fixing impacted tooth Newmarket.