Dentistry For Kids Near You
Children have different dental needs than adults and require a variety of services to ensure good, sustainable oral health. Every effort is made to help children have a pleasant visit and are as comfortable as possible while being treated. Treatment options may include:
- Preventive Care – Preventive care is the foundation for good oral health. This may include routine cleanings, sealants, training in proper hygiene and tips for maintaining healthy oral habits.
- Routine Cleaning – Children should have a routine examination and cleaning about twice each year. Cleaning helps remove plaque and calculus from the surface of the teeth.
- Digital X-rays – X-rays are a valuable tool that helps dentists diagnose problems and conditions that are not always easily discerned by a simple visual examination. Children’s teeth need to be closely monitored because they are still growing and developing. Digital x-rays help reduce the radiation children are exposed to.
- Fluoride Treatments – Fluoride is often used to prevent tooth decay. It naturally occurs in some foods and in water supplies. The benefits of using fluoride dental products or having fluoride treatments is well documented.
- Dental Sealants – Sealants are an effective way to prevent tooth decay on children’s permanent molars. Sealants are placed on the back teeth to keep debris and bacteria from collecting in the deep grooves. This prevents tooth decay and eliminates cavities in most cases.
- Tooth Colored Fillings – When a cavity occurs, dentists can use natural colored restorations to help make fillings less noticeable. This protects the beauty of a child’s smile and protects their teeth.
- Dental Crowns – If a tooth becomes severely damaged or suffers from advanced or severe tooth decay, it cannot always be fixed with bonded fillings. Crowns can help restore the tooth’s function and strength while maintaining its esthetic appearance. There are a variety of materials that can be used for crowns including metal and non-metal options.