Dental sealants in Newmarket are a simple and effective way to protect the patient’s teeth against decay. They typically need to be applied to teeth during the teenage years but can also be used on teeth in adults.
What is a dental sealant in Newmarket?
A dental sealant is a thin plastic coating applied to the surface of your teeth. They protect an area near the teeth’s chewing area.
If dental sealants are to be used to protect adults’ teeth, they need to be applied before any damage occurs.
What does a dental sealant do?
A dental sealant works by protecting your teeth from decay. The dental sealant is applied to your teeth during your routine teeth cleaning. The teeth cleaning is done before your dentist makes the sealant application.
The application process is relatively simple and should not cause you discomfort.
- The dentist will first prepare your teeth by cleaning them.
- The teeth will then be shaped to be ready to apply the sealant.
- A liquid solution will be applied to the teeth and removed using a soft cloth.
- The dentist will then use a light to harden the sealants.
Benefits of dental sealants
What advantages do sealants bring to your dental health?
- It’s cheaper than having teeth restored or repaired due to decay.
- The procedure is much less invasive and does not cause any discomfort.
- Dental sealants are long-lasting and prevent more expensive dental repair treatments.
- They are easy to maintain.
- Dental sealants are cost-effective.
- The material is non-harmful to your teeth.
Dental sealants are an affordable and effective way to protect teeth from decay. They are non-harmful and easy to maintain. The application process is relatively easy and should not cause you much discomfort.
Although dental sealants are relatively non-invasive, they can be uncomfortable for some individuals. The dentist should ensure you are as comfortable as possible during the application process.
If you are prone to cavities, ask our dentist near you about dental sealants.