To many parents, taking their child to see their dentist in Newmarket for the first time is a big step. Though this appointment is straightforward and does not take too long, it helps set a precedent and marks the beginning of your little one’s oral health journey.
If you’re looking for reliable pediatric dentistry near you, we highly encourage you to come to Keep28 Dental Centre with your family. Our staff looks forward to meeting all of you and assisting each one with your smiles.
The Right Age to See a Pediatric Dentistry
Pediatric dentists are dental practitioners who specialize in providing care to youngsters, just like pediatric doctors do. The general rule is to bring your child in once their first tooth comes in or when they turn one year old. Their dentist will examine their mouth and make sure that things look alright.
Though such an appointment is brief, it’s important to familiarize your child with the dentist and the dental clinic. That way, they’ll be able to build a trusting relationship with their dentist and won’t feel anxious each time they need to visit.
Preparing for the Appointment
Although there is no right or wrong time to come in, children are the most alert in the morning, so if it works with your schedule, we recommend booking a time before noon. Even though dental offices, especially pediatric dental clinics, have toys and games that your kiddo can play with while waiting, it’s also a good idea to bring their favourite stuffed animal or toy with you to provide them with additional comfort.
When it’s your child’s turn to be seen, their dentist near Aurora will show them to the chair and help them get comfortable. They know how to make your child feel at ease and will be able to gradually teach them how to look after their smiles themselves and why it’s important.
As a parent, staying calm is good, even if you are a bit nervous. After all, children mimic what they see.
Benefits of Seeing a Pediatric Dentist
- Advanced training. As part of their formal education, pediatric dentists must complete a residency working with children and learn how to handle a range of behaviours from their little patients and their families.
- Treatments are tailored to each patient, no matter how young they are.
- They can help address a child’s bad habits. It includes thumb sucking and teeth grinding (bruxism).
- Insight into your child’s development needs. Pediatric dentists also know how the human body grows and changes. Over time, their dentist will shift their treatments from good oral health promotion to preserving their smiles and ensuring the health of their teeth and gums lasts.
- It’s a fun environment. Most pediatric dental clinics are decorated with bright colours and pictures and have plenty of toys to make your child happy and at ease. Some dentists even offer them little prizes once their appointment is over.
Have questions or concerns about any of this? Not a problem; reach out to your dentist when it works best for you. They’ll be able to walk you and your child through any process from beginning to end so you all feel at ease and know what to expect.
Visit Our Dental Clinic Today!
Are you ready to bring your child in for their first appointment? At our lOur staff atal dental office, to aid you and your family with all your dental needs, however complex. Your child deserves a comfortable dentist who empowers them to prioritize their dental hygiene. It is a responsibility that our staff takes that responsibility seriously.
So, if you want to contact a pediatric dentist in Newmarket, please call, email us, or drop by our location in person to get started.