Pain and anxiety are sometimes linked with dentistry. One out of three patients is afraid to visit a dentist because of fear or trauma. To aid in painless dental procedures, Keep 28, a Newmarket dental clinic offers sedation dentistry.
Anxiety or fear of visiting a dentist may be caused by:
- A bad experience upon visiting a dentist in the past
- Fear of needles
- The bad taste of dental materials
- Fear of undergoing procedures
- Difficulty in keeping still during a procedure
Painless dentistry in Newmarket is possible through sedation
- Minimal Sedation – It is the lowest level of sedation in dentistry. This uses Nitrous Oxide. The dentist administers this through a breathing mask. Many also call this the “laughing gas” which allows patients to relax. This type of sedation quickly wears off.
- Moderate Sedation – This is also known as oral sedation because the patient receives a pill. The pill is usually Halcion. Patients usually fall asleep during or after the procedure. It may make your words sound garbled. You may also forget most of the procedures.
- IV Sedation – The dentist administers this through an IV drip. This particular type of sedation immediately takes effect. The dentist near you closely monitors the dosage continually.
- Deep Sedation and General Anesthesia – This is the heaviest form of sedation because it completely puts the patient to sleep during the procedure.
The Newmarket dental clinic uses different sedation techniques to make the dental visit less frightening. Regardless of the sedation that will be used for the dental procedure, it will still be paired with a topical anesthetic. It will numb the specific area your dentist is working on.
In conclusion, painless dentistry in Newmarket is possible through sedation. As a result of this, your anxiety is at bay when undergoing dental procedures. This means that your dental appointments at the Newmarket dental clinic no longer need to be scary.